As humans, it’s natural to try and find ways to get work done faster. It’s a natural instinct that makes us productive and differentiates us from other living beings. While we learn things from experience and use them towards making our lives easier, in this busy world where time is money, a little bit of help can go a long way. So, we have gathered a list of tips and tricks that are sure to make your life a bit easier than before.
1. Ever go to a fast food chain and wanted fresh food? Make sure to ask for a burger or fries with no seasoning and they will make you a fresh one.
While fast food restaurants follow certain codes that prevent foods from staying on the shelf for more than a designated time, it’s always best to ensure that your order is freshly prepared.
2. If you are in a hurry and need to get wrinkles off your shirt, throw it in the dryer with a few ice cubes for five minutes.
While this might sound ridiculous, the trick works to remove wrinkles in a short period of time. Also, if your dryer comes with a manual setting, make sure the heat settings are on the lowest.
3. After a nice and long hot shower, the bathroom mirrors usually fog up. To get rid of fog really fast, run your hair dryer with the heat on for a few seconds.
This is a problem almost all of us face on a daily basis. A long, hot shower might feel good but when you get out, the fogged up mirrors can be a bit of a nuisance. Instead of wiping the moisture off and smudging your mirrors, just use a hair dryer and witness the magic.
4. To remove keys off of a key ring, use a staple remover instead of your nails.
Yes, it can be difficult to remove or add keys to a key ring but if you use a staple remover, it will make your life a lot easier.
5. In case you ever find yourself in need of getting out of a submerged car, use the headrest to break the windows.
We often see movies where characters are stuck in a submerged car and use the headrest to make an escape. It’s not just in movies but can also be used in real-life to save yourself.
6. If you are scared of hurting your fingers, use a clothespin to hold a nail and hammer it.
If you ever wanted to do some handy work around the house but are afraid of hurting your fingers, simply use a clothespin to hold the nail in place.
7. If you have a coat or jeans that has zippers that keep getting stuck, use a pencil to help them run smoothly. Believe it or not, the tip of a pencil is made of graphite and it will help the zipper work smoothly.
You can also use graphite on keys to help locks that have trouble opening.
8. If you are moving and need to safely transport glasses, use clean socks.
If you tuck the glassware inside a clean sock, it will prevent clinking and clattering, allowing you to transport them in a safe manner.
9. If you have trouble parking your car in the garage, hang a tennis ball so you know where to stop.
Not everyone is good at parking in tight spaces or accurately estimating the length of their cars. If you are one of the many who struggle with this, hang a tennis ball in front of your car when it’s parked. This way, you will know when to stop next time you pull into the garage.
10. In order to have long and refreshing ice cold water, do not fill the bottle all the way. Simply fill it quarter of the way and lay it on its side in the freezer. Once frozen, fill the remaining bottle with water.
When you fill a bottle completely and freeze it, it takes a long time for the ice to melt. This can be an issue, especially when you are thirsty. So, next time you are going on a walk or hike, only fill quarter or half of the bottle and make sure to leave it on its side when you freeze it.