A few clever life hacks can make our everyday lives much easier, safer, and enjoyable. Every day, people are finding newer ways to deal with an already existing problem and there’s no justifiable reason for not using them if they are proven to help us in the long run. Today, we are listing some tips and tricks that are sure to help you save time and wish you would have known them sooner.
1. When using a public toilet, always use the inside of the toilet paper.
Not only is it sanitary to use the inside of the toilet paper but if you want to go the extra mile to be safe, you should discard the first few sheets.
2. Store natural peanut butter upside down so it won’t separate as much.
When you are done spreading peanut butter, make sure you store it upside down next time. It will bring the oil to the top and make it a lot easier to mix!
3. If you put something down temporarily, say it out loud. (“I’ve put my keys on the dresser.”)
Sometimes things such as keys, wallets and phones can be easily misplaced around the house. In order to combat this, next time you leave something, for instance, your keys, make sure you say it out loud. Doing so causes more areas of the brain to engage, creating a richer memory and making it easier to remember where you put it.
4. If there’s a jar or container you can’t open, run the lid under hot water for 30 seconds.
If you ever encounter a jar that would not open even after your strongest efforts, then run it under hot water for about 30 seconds. Then, make sure you dry the lid to get a good grip and twist it as usual to see it open without much effort.
5. You can use lemon juice to remove highlighter marks from a book.
Ever wish you could remove highlighter marks from a book? Then lemon juice is your answer. Lemon juice fades highlighter enough to make it virtually undetectable. Use a cotton swab and gently run the swab over the highlighted text and watch the color fade.
6. To prevent your bathroom mirror from fogging up every time you take a shower, apply a small amount of car wax to the mirror.
Apply a small amount of car wax to the mirror, let it dry, then buff with a soft, dry cloth. This will prevent the mirror from fogging.
7. In order to clean toys such as Legos, drop them in a laundry bag to keep them contained and run them in your dishwasher as usual but make sure to remove the Legos before the drying cycle.
This method also works well for other treasures like seashells, dish brushes, rags and sponges. But make sure you remove the items before the drying cycle and let them air dry completely on a towel.
8. In order to quickly remove wrinkles out of clothes, throw a few ice cubes or a wet washcloth in the dryer with your wrinkled clothes.
Using an iron or handheld steamer to get wrinkles out of a shirt or slacks can take forever. In order to quickly remove wrinkles from your clothes, simply throw a few ice cubes or a wet washcloth in the dryer for about 10 minutes. As the ice melts and the water turns to steam, it will remove the wrinkles. The trick is effective with lighter fabrics and will not work with heavier clothing.
9. If you ever have chewing gum sticking to your carpet, freeze it to remove it quickly and neatly.
When gum freezes, it becomes brittle and easily breaks apart. So, place a sandwich bag filled with ice cubes on top of the gum and wait about a half hour. Once the gum is frozen, break it apart and pull it out of the carpet without a trace of it left behind.
10. You can make your old pair of sneakers look new with the help of non-gel white toothpaste.
If you ever have a pair of white sneakers that you wanted to revitalize, then apply non-gel white toothpaste to an old toothbrush and then work the paste into the dirty spots. Leave the toothpaste on the shoes for about 10 to 20 minutes, and then wipe it off with a damp towel. Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the end result.