Photography is an amazing form of art. Many talented men and women have used it to preserve pieces of history that will forever exist. Behind each and every image is a story. Some of the images are powerful enough to transfer emotions to the viewer; without the need for explanation. Here, we are listing 12 such images that are sure to touch your heart.
1. A man with down syndrome getting ready to go for his first job interview.
“My brother went on his very first job interview today. He has grown so much I’m super proud of him. Even though he has down syndrome, he lets nothing get in his way. “I have downs but downs don’t have me.””
2. A rescued puppy anxiously waits for his owner to come back home.
“My boyfriend and I got a puppy two weeks ago. Today I left him for the first time to start college classes, and my boyfriend sent me this.”
3. Love and kindness in one picture. A French soldier hugs a little girl during Saint Martin evacuation.
Neither the soldier nor the child posed for this photo. According to Matthieu Mondoloni, the photographer who captured this beautiful moment, it was just a candid shot of a heartfelt photo. The soldier was helping the girl and her family to an airport, and seemed just genuinely happy to be able to help. The soldiers there were generally simply very eager to help, and sad about not being able to do more.
4. The hardest part of growing up is being apart from your best friends.
“These kids from daycare saying their last goodbyes before going to different elementary schools.”
5. A man teaches his girlfriend the alphabet after she lost her memory.
“I was sitting next to this couple at Starbucks this morning, this man John was teaching Linda the alphabet. He told us that she lost her memory and was re-learning how to read. Patience, love, and understanding at it’s finest.”
6. A heartbroken man looking back at the times he spent with his wife.
Thank you for everything we had.”
7. This is what true love looks like. A woman whose husband passed away still has lunch with him every day.
“My girlfriend works at Steak ‘n Shake. This woman’s husband passed away but she still has lunch with him everyday.”
8. Two friends who share everything, even though they have nothing.
9. “My father died unexpectedly recently. Before he got cremated, I took a photo of one of his tattoos. I went and got my own version of it in memory of him.”
10. A man rescues animals trapped during a rainstorm.
11. A German soldier solemnly celebrates his 34th birthday on the plains of Afghanistan.
12. A boy collects plastic bottles on the Citarum River, Indonesia.
This is the heartbreaking reality of some of the rivers on our planet.
Did any of these pictures move you? Let us know through the comments section.